– 4K Canon EOS C300 Mark II EF (1 x 256GB + 2 x Sandisk 128GB CFast 2.0 Extreme Pro Cards, 1 x SanDisk 128GB Extreme Pro SD Card, 1 x Canon BP-A30 and 2 x Canon BP-A60)
– Atomos Shogun Flame 7” AtomHDR (4K RAW from C300MKII) – 2 x Sandisk 480G Extreme PRO SSD
– Atomos Shinobi 5” 4K SDI HDR Field Monitor with 3G-SDI I/O
– Xeen Cinema Lenses set: 24mm, 50mm and 85mm T1.5
– Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
– Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
– Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
– Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
– Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
– Helios 44m-4 58mm EF mount
– Canon Extension Tube EF 25 II
– Tiffen Neutral Density, Polarising, UV Filters, ProMist filters
– Cokin and Tiffen Special Filters
– Sekonic L-758Cine DigitalMaster
– 1 x 60W LED Fresnel with Space Light and Octagon Softbox
– 1 x 150W LED Fresnel with China Ball
– 3 x 80W LED Spotlight with V-lock Power and Softbox
– 2 x 800w Red Head with stands
– 3 x 300w Red Head with stands (exchangeable to 650w)
– Ikan iLED6 Zoom
– LED Light Bar Bicolor
– W300II LED Light Panel
– Fast Flag Westcott kit
– Gitzo GT5563GS Systematic Series 5 Carbon eXact Giant Tripod
– Gitzo GM4552L Series 4 Carbon Fiber Monopod
– Manfrotto 509HD fluid head (Ø100mm)
– Manfrotto 545B twin aluminium legs tripod with middle spreader
– Manfrotto MVH502AH Tripod head
– Manfrotto 143 Magic Arm Kit
– Proaim 4ft Flyking Precision Camera Slider
– Camtree Power Mount Gripper – Car Mount
– Tilta 4 x 5.65″ Carbon Fiber Matte Box MB-T04
– Tilta Universal Handgrip System
– Tilta FF-T03 15mm Follow Focus with Hard Stops
– Glide Gear SYL 960 Camera Hybrid Tripod Track Dolly
– Glide Gear 12 FT Aluminum Dolly Track
– Wireless Smoke 900w Fog Machine
– iFootage M1 Mini Crane III Jib
– Rode NTG3 Precision RF-Biased Shotgun Microphone
– Sony MDR-7506 Headphone
A bit more about the Canon C300MkII:
The Canon C300MkII has been approved by the Academy (AMPAS) and is ACES compatible (https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/explore/product-showcases/cameras-and-lenses/aces-compatibility-software), as well as NETFLIX approved (https://partnerhelp.netflixstudios.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000579527-Cameras-and-Image-Capture).
Besides being the number one camera system for high-end documentaries, like the 2019 Oscar-winner ‘Free Solo’, the C300MkII is perhaps the only camera that cinematographers and large productions are comfortable to pair with the Arri Alexa system since both camera systems can offer a similar colour space within the Cineon Log Curve, therefore, guaranteeing a visual continuity, especially on skin tones.
The C300MkII has being used on the following films along with the Arri Alexa:
– ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’
It has also been used as the main camera system on many Netflix and Amazon series, as well as features such as “Blue Is the Warmest Color” directed by Abdellatif Kechiche and shot by Sofian El Fani.
A good example of the camera capabilities is the fact that its secondary chip, used to record proxy files, was the primary chip on the original C300, which was the camera used on the single-take film “Victoria”, directed by Sebastian Schipper and shot by Sturla Brandth Grøvlen.
ACES is an industry-standard colour management and digital file interchange system developed under the auspices of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) and includes a number of SMPTE standards. The goal of ACES is to create a standardized process to manage colour and file data across any workflow and throughout the lifecycle of a production, from production to archive.
There are a number of benefits of using ACES including:
Video captured using different cameras and settings can be aligned with the ACES colour space, which offers a wide colour range and high dynamic range.
Colour can be managed to allow users to confirm images with the same appearance even when using display devices with varying colour characteristics, in different stages of production/post-production, even in different parts of the world.
A ‘future-proof’ archive ready file format is created that can easily produce current and future deliverables.
In response to strong demand from professionals working in the fields of motion picture, commercial and television production, Canon has integrated ACES features into a number of current products so they can reliably be used in ACES colour-managed workflows. These products have been reviewed by the Academy and recognized as good quality implementations of ACES, earning the ACES logo designation.